Fashion is an integral part of our lifestyle. But it is much more than wearing clothes or looking good. Read on below for the seven most fascinating quotes on fashion and what they say about the lives we live.
- ‘Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them.’ –Marc Jacobs
What does this mean? It means that clothes, no matter how stylish to look at, are dead pieces of cloth till you wear them and create histories in them. Whether it is going out for a walk, or getting married in it, or making love in it, clothes acquire meaning only once you wear them and your fragrance pervades every pore of the threads.
- ‘In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.’ –Coco Chanel
Here world renowned French fashion designer Chanel says that it is not about fashion, but about your personal style and what you choose to wear, at a party or at a meeting, that will make you unique and enable you to stand apart from the others.
- ‘Dress like you’re going to meet your worst enemy today.’ –Coco Chanel
This illuminating quote is a tribute to human nature. We are at our sharpest and most alert with our enemies rather than with our friends whom we trust. So dressing for your enemy will ensure that you are always projecting your most attractive side to the world.
- ‘A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes.’ –Vera Wang
Discomfort shows—and it is not sexy. So it is wise to stick to whichever clothes make you feel confident and happy. That positivity will instantly make you attractive.
- ‘Fashion is an art and you are the canvas.’ –Velvet Paper
This is the most beautiful aspect of clothing—turning a naked body into a work of art through the use of brushes and linen and heels.
- ‘Style is a simple way of saying complicated things.’ –Jean Cocteau
You clothes, your posture, your gait say a hundred things about your aesthetic sense and mood—it may say that you are looking to flirt, or it may warn others that you are a no nonsense go getter. Whatever it is you choose to show or camouflage, use your clothes as a weapon.
- ‘No matter how you feel, always get up, dress up, and show up.’ –Regina Brett
No one can feel upbeat every day of their lives. What this quote implies is that our clothes are like battle gear—don them wisely before you get ready to face the world.